YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT. BY CLICKING THE ACCEPTANCE BUTTON, ACCESSING OR OTHERWISE INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, CLICK THE BUTTON THAT INDICATES YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THE TERMS, AND DO NOT ACCESS/INSTALL THE SOFTWARE.
This Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions of your use of the accompanying Foundations software product (the "Software"). For the purposes of this Agreement, "you" means you, the end user, and "Licensor" means The Combination Rule LLC, a New York limited liability company, and its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Personal Information We Collect About You.
We may collect and use the following personal information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonable capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household:
This personal information is required to provide products and services to you. If you do not provide personal information we ask for, it may delay or prevent us from providing our products to you.
3. How Your Personal Information is Collected. We collect most of this personal information directly from you—in person, by telephone, text or email and through our website. However, we may also collect information:
• From publicly accessible sources (e.g., property records);
• Directly from a third party (e.g., sanctions screening providers, credit reporting agencies, or customer due diligence providers);
• From a third party with your consent (e.g., your bank);From cookies on our website; and
4. How and Why We Use Your Personal Information. Under data protection law, we can only use your personal information if we have a proper reason for doing so, e.g.,:
• To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
• For the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
• For our legitimate interests or those of a third party; or
• Where you have given consent.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests.The table below explains what we use (process) your personal information for and our reasons for doing so:
The above table does not apply to special category personal information, which we will only process with your explicit consent.
5. Promotional Communications. We may use your personal information to send you updates (by email, text message, telephone or post) about our products and services, including exclusive offers, promotions or new products and services offered by us.
We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information for promotional purposes (see above “How and why we use your personal information”). This means we do not usually need your consent to send you promotional communications. However, where consent is needed, we will ask for this consent separately and clearly.
We will always treat your personal information with the utmost respect and never sell OR share it with other organizations for marketing purposes.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by:
Contacting us at email@example.com; or Using the “unsubscribe” link in emails or “STOP” number in texts.
We may ask you to confirm or update your marketing preferences if you instruct us to provide further products or services in the future, or if there are changes in the law, regulation, or the structure of our business.
6. Who We Share Your Personal Information With. We routinely share personal information with:
- Service providers we use to help deliver our products and services to you, such as payment service providers;
- Other third parties we use to help us run our business, such as marketing agencies or website hosts;
- Third parties approved by you, including social media sites you choose to link your account to or third-party payment providers.
We only allow our service providers to handle your personal information if we are satisfied they take appropriate measures to protect your personal information. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to ensure they can only use your personal information to provide services to us and to you.
We may disclose and exchange information with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We may also need to share some personal information with other parties, such as potential buyers of some or all of our business or during a re-structuring. We will typically anonymize information, but this may not always be possible. The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party without your consent.
8. How Long Your Personal Information Will Be Kept. We will keep your personal information while you have an account with us or while we are providing products and services to you. Thereafter, we will keep your personal information for as long as is necessary:
- To respond to any questions, complaints or claims made by you or on your behalf;
- To show that we treated you fairly; or
- To keep records required by law.
We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of personal information.
When it is no longer necessary to retain your personal information, we will delete or anonymize it.